Saturday, March 10, 2007

Catching up

It's been a long time since I've posted due to a number of factors,
On Jan. 26, I made my first real estate purchase--a co-op studio apartment which is four blocks from my previous domicile in fashionable Brooklyn Heights. I was able to buy it thanks to the financial support of my darling mother Felice. We decided that as her principal heir she would give me part of her estate now so that we could enjoy it together. Thanks for your lifelong support mom.
As I approach my 60th birthday (Sept. 18) I wll be living with no human companions for the 1st time in my life, except for a 2 year period in the early 80s. I'm not alone however, since I have an avian companion Randy a 4 month old cinamon cheek green conure and will have another one as of next Sunday -Carrie a 2 month old sun conure. I wanted my gals to have each other for company during the day while I am performing the role of America's funniest philosphical social worker as the program manager for Summit House of Brooklyn where I've been employed since early December.
Pictures and more to follow as I head into my Castillo Theatre staff meeting